Homegoods - Furniture sold after being paid for

23 of 59 Homegoods reviews

Found just what I wanted...finally!Didn't buy it until I got home and decided I wanted it.

Called and placed a hold on it (they wouldn't take payment over the phone) and drove in the next day and paid for it, with my TJ Maxx card, I might add. I signed a two-part form, one stayed with the store and the pink copy went with me along with th tags that were on the piece. I had to find someone to pick it up, so I told them I would be there on Saturday. Well, I WAS there on Saturday, but my item was sold on Friday night.

I was told the customer took the sold tag off and the clerk made a new tag so she could sell it. Why didn't anyone check and see if there was a signed paper for that item? All the tags were off of it. Wasn't that a clue?

What happens to that paper? Isn't it kept in a book? Or is it just to appease the customer? And on top of it all, I had someone drive in to pick it up.

I love HG. But I will NEVER shop there again.

And I am also cutting up my TJMaxx card.You need to develop a protocol on how to handle your furniture dept, because frankly, it SUCKS.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• How unimportant i felt

Reason of review:
Sale handled poorly.
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
Dresser
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #776907 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Homegoods? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
23 of 59 Homegoods reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 28 #1165919

They do this all the time. I worked there for 3 months and can assure you if they can sell something brother they will. It is only about sales and using part time workers like pieces of garbage they can throw out anytime they want.. They reduce their hours and force them to quit.. THey are a bunch of liars and from top to middle management its all about greed only !

1 0 Reply
Emmett3

Feb 08 #1108422 Gilbert, Arizona, United States

Update: I contacted the DM of the Chandler store. When he contacted me, he had already spoken with the Store Manager, so he was aware of the situation. The DM had found the cabinet at another Arizona store, delivered it to my home and took $50 of for my inconvenience. My opinion of Homegoods went to a whole new level. Sitting here looking at my cabinet and I LOVE it! Now that's the way to do business! Thank you Michael! You are an outstanding DM!!

Jan 28 #1102124

It doesn't matter.
You would've returned it a month after the return period ended anyway and would still be here crying about how the policies shouldn't apply to you anyway.

Jan 31 #1103689

Who the *** are you? Why don't you close your pie hole?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Homegoods. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Homegoods.
Filing a new complaint about
×